3-day trip to Berlin & Potsdam
You want to enjoy German culture in a small group? And your only free times are the weekends? Book an active, compact citytrip with different tours in both cities.
Friday afternoon at 18:00 a guide will pick you up with a 9-seats bus from the airport in Berlin. Sunday, 48 hours later, the guide drives you back to the airport.
When you arrived in Berlin, a guide brings you to a comfortable hotel. In the evening you will meet the other groupmembers in a quiet café where you hear about the programme of both full days. After a drink you can continue with the group for a diner dansante in Berlin Mitte. Take your dancing shoes with you, but never feel obliged, you can have a good time only enjoying the atmosphere! Of course, it is great to visit a theater or concert in Berlin in the evening times. When you have arranged this during the booking with i-guide-reizen, you will have a ticket! Saturday morning at nine a biking tour is leaving for Berlin Mitte, the old Fridericianum, built by Friedrich the Great, the Museumsisland, the Governmental Quarter and a lovely tour along the river Spree. The biking tour finishes in the Jewish Quarter at the James Simon Park, where you can enjoy lunch with the group. In the afternoon the guide takes you on a bustour along a few highlights further away from the centre. A tour which will also show you the Quarters Schöneberg and Steglitz/Lichterfelde. If you continue the trip you go to one of the lakes of Berlin in the south, where you have diner on the lakeside. Of course you can also choose for a concert or theatervisit. The guide will give you directions how to reach your goal with public transport. Take care that your tickets are reserved before you get to Berlin!
Sundaymorning you take your suitcase with you in the bus. This day brings you to the baroque city Potsdam, the city southwest of Berlin, where the old German Kings have lived. Now the place for the rich, the beautiful and the famous! The guide takes you on a tour throught the Marmorpalais, the castle of Friedrich Wilhelm II, the follow-up of the old Fritz! During a lunch break in the Dutch Quarter you can enjoy a festive lunch in a stylish, cosy restaurant. After lunch there is a short walk through the baroque centre of the city, ending in the famous gardens of Potsdam, the Sans Souci Park! Here, the guide will tell you anecdotes about the garden architecture, the old trees in the park and the different palaces you can see from the garden. Surely you will visit the wine- and figmountain which leads to palace Sans Souci. On top you will be shown the grave of Friedrich the Great!
At the end of this Sunday, the guide drives you directly to the airport, where you are dropped at 18:00, for your flight to the Netherlands!
3-days trip to Berlin & Potsdam
First dates of departure in 2018:
4 mei – 6 mei (book fast; new trip!!!)
18 mei – 20 mei (book fast; new trip!!!)
29 juni – 1 july (book fast; new trip!!!)
In this trip is included:
– personal Englisch-speaking travel assistance during the whole trip
– shuttlebus from en to the airport resp. to and from the hotel
– bicycle tour through the centre of Berlin/Museumisland/Jewish Quarter and along the river Spree with Englisch-speaking guide
– bustour to highlights outside the centre and the neighborhoods Schöneberg and Steglitz/Lichterfelde with Englisch-speaking guide
– bustour to Potsdam with Englisch-speaking guide
– admission fee and guided tour in Englisch through Marmorpalais in Potsdam
– walking tour through Dutch Quarter, baroque centre of Potsdam and Park Sans Souci (graveyard of Friedrich II)
– 2 nights in a comfortable hotel based on double rooms*
– concert or theatervisits**
Not included are:
– diners and/or lunch with the group***
– flight- or trainticket to and from Berlin****
* a single room is costing € 75 extra per person inclusive arrangement fee
** reserve tickets at i-guide-reizen, prices mostly between € 15,- to € 40,-
*** calculate around € 35,- per whole day per person, for fine food and drinks in stylish and cosy restaurants and lunchplaces
**** you can book your flight or trainticket by i-guide-reizen